Do your status reports sound like this?
Blue Herring is for IT organizations that are highly effective yet still stuck in break-fix mode. Are you facing obstacles like these?
- You’re trying to scale things that don’t want to scale.
- One system goes down, they all do.
- Legacy apps fail.
- Your teams are fighting cross-application dependencies, and sometimes each other.
- Deployment cycles are lost to firefighting and unplanned work.
- Big initiatives get delayed because routine changes are dominating the work queue.
- Teams tell you that auto-updating anything is asking for disaster.
- Monitoring overwhelms your people with alerts that aren’t relevant.
- CMDBs are supposed to help, but… no.
So daily life is like this:
Maintain the value chain.
The point is that modern business demands small changes delivered quickly. Important business ideas might take just a few weeks to discover and implement, but rolling out the software changes to support them becomes the bottleneck.
Your stakeholders are going to want more regular deployments with fewer interruptions and less drama.